2017/7/27: The technical program has been finalized and is now available for download here. In addition, the program booklet for the colloquium, containing important local information, are also available for download. Final instructions for presenters and poster presentations can be found here.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming International Colloquium on the Dynamics of Explosions and Reactive Systems (ICDERS). ICDERS will be held in Boston, USA, 30 July – 4 August 2017. Extended abstracts are due on 6 January 2017.
The colloquium is the premier international forum for the presentation of scientific contributions in the fields of explosions and unsteady combustion, where there is strong coupling between reaction and fluid mechanics. The meeting provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of research primarily concerned with explosions and unsteady combustion events where there is strong coupling between reaction and fluid mechanics. It is held on alternate years from The International Symposium on Combustion and is recognized by The Combustion Institute as a Specialists Meeting on the fluid dynamics of combustion.
The paper submission system is up and ready to accept extended abstracts. Detailed instructions on how to prepare the extended abstracts and where to submit them are available here.
Submissions are encouraged on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Detonation dynamics, structure, initiation and limits
- Dynamics of deflagration waves
- Gas and dust explosions
- Diagnostics for reactive systems
- Numerical methods for reacting flows
- Nonlinear analysis and reactive analogues
- Ignition phenomena
- Reactive dynamics of energetic materials
- Multiphase reactive dynamics
- Relaxation phenomena in shock waves
- Propulsion applications of detonations and high-speed flames
- Turbulence in compressible reacting flows
- Chemical reaction kinetics and reaction dynamics
- Reaction wave instabilities and quenching
- Astrophysical deflagrations and detonations
- Safety relevant ignition processes
- Fire dynamics
- Industrial safety applications
- Dynamics of premixed and non-premixed flames
Paper Submission Deadline: January 6, 2017
- Extended Paper Submission Deadline: January 20, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: Week of March 27, 2017
- Work-In Progress Poster Submission: April 7, 2017
- Work-In Progress Poster Notification: May 5, 2017
- Early Registration Deadline: June 11, 2017